About Watson Marlow
Join a world leader and make an impact
Who are we? We are the world leader in niche peristaltic pumps and associated fluid path technologies for the food, pharmaceutical, chemical and environmental industries. Every day, Watson-Marlow help companies across the globe be more efficient and sustainable.
Established in 1956, Watson-Marlow spans over 60 countries and has 1,600 employees. Our award-winning team is made up of engineers, sales teams, marketers, administrators, designers, assemblers, chemists, web developers, accountants, analysts, programmers and much more.
Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group is part of Spirax-Sarco Engineering plc, a FTSE 100 company.
Working on New Product Development the Mechanical Design Engineer will have an impact on designing and building the company's future product portfolio utilising the latest design and innovations to keep our products at the cutting edge of industry.
The role cuts across all of our products however can be specialist in one particular product area working with the global team of SME's to ensure our products are robust, state of the art with a focus on UX and UI. No day will be the same with a wide range of products and new business wins the chance to create ground breaking designs that enhance our portfolio and ensure customer success.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Deliver NPD Pumps Projects to time and cost targets utilising lean methodology to optimise all processes within DAE to ensure we are lean and efficient in all that we do.
- Pro-active liaison with other departments to ensure a smooth and effective operation of the factory.
- To ensure compliance with Health and Safety, Management and Environmental policies
- Ensure departmental KPI's are achieved in all areas.
- Working knowledge of Creo Elements of PTC and/or Solidworks 3D.
- Experience with polymers, fluid systems or pump systems.
- Ability to find ways for self-development and to improve work processes.
- A Mechanical Design Engineer with experience in Pump and Fluid Path Projects or similar.
- A Graduate Design Engineer with past involvement in Pump or Fluid Projects and the desire to learn and improve.
- Competitive salaries across all locations
- 27 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Pension scheme including life insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme (including members of their household)
- Excellent career progression pathways
- Flexible working opportunities
- Free eye-test and vouchers for glasses
- Ability to join company share scheme